Speed Cameras

Ran

I just bought a Tom Tom Go 1000. I was very impressed with it until I noticed that it does not show Speed Cameras.

So I assumed I need to update the software but no luck. Then Called the help line and they said this version " the GO version I assume" does not have the cameras installed yet and it will be released. When it will be released ????? they did nt know. :mad:

Does anyone know why this has happened. :confused: I feel like I have bought a Beta version of a product. :eek:

Thanks.

Welcome to TTF.

From the British TomTom site regarding among others, your model:

Latest Map Guarantee
Currently this functionality is not available for your device.

Updated
Speed Cameras
In most regions our navigation devices come with fixed speed cameras pre-installed. MyTomTom offers one free update for fixed speed cameras when you connect your device for the first time.
If you have a LIVE device, you can update fixed speed cameras weekly using MyTomTom. Mobile speed cameras are available over the air.

To disable speed camera alerts on your device, tap Services from the main menu, then tap Speed cameras > Disable alerts.

LIVE Services
All LIVE devices come with a 1-year free subscription to LIVE services.

Fuel Prices
The Fuel Prices service is no longer available as part of LIVE services.

Backing up

Adding POIs

Map updates
To ensure you always drive with the latest map, we offer our Map Update Service. Visit tomtom.com/mapupdate to find out if you are still up-to-date.

New maps
Maps other than the one available on your device cannot be purchased at this point in time.

Downloading voices

Activating promotions (service cards, etc)

QuickGPSFix
All LIVE devices download QuickGPSFix automatically. QuickGPSFix is not yet available for non-LIVE devices.

Map Share?
Note: You can make corrections to the map on your navigation device to keep it up-to-date.

Sharing favourites

The information for Speed Cameras shows 'Updated' and a rather cryptic piece of information that seems to imply non LIVE 1000 units do have the cameras now. :confused:

Ask a Question