Speaker Volume Go 630

I think I saw this somewhere else, but I wasn't happy with the speaker volume at 100%. Turned off the option to base volume on surrounding noise, and now I get a much louder voice to the point where I had to turn it down to 65%! It seems like they need to reprogram that feature.

Turning on the adjust volume on surrounding noise actually does the oposite of what it should do, i.e. louder noise in the car equals less volume from the TomTom, total silence in the car means a TomTom that shouts at you, this is something thats not worked correctly for quite some time - Mike

The auto-adjust feature works properly in app 8.302. You can downgrade by following the instructions here.

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the confirmation of this problem. It is not really a big deal for me to adjust the volume manually, but you would think that they could fix this quite easily with an update. I'll bet the less informed are returning units due to the low volume.

Hi would this work on the 530? I've had a look through the menu but can't find any reference.

Thanks

Change Preferences/ Volume Preferences is where you will find the checkbox to de-select stopping the silly linking of volume to whatever (I only say whatever as its not linked to speed or noise because it doesn't work) - Mike

Ask a Question