2006 tomtom one speaker hiss

i dropped my tomtom one from about a 12" off the floor and now i noticed a slight hiss noise when it is in map mode but not at the start splash screen when booting

i dont know if it is normal to have a slight hiss as i haven't noticed it before but i wasnt looking for any problems before i dropped it, the unit still works perfectly so i am lucky there and being 8 years old i really don't want to get a replacement especially as it is coming to the states with me again later this year

you have to put you ear really close to the speaker to hear the hiss and you cant hear it from the front

thanks for your help guys

I don't have the exact same model as you, but if I put my ear to the speaker on my XL, I can definitely hear a hiss.

It also remains at the same level irrespective of the volume level set on the screen slider.

However, it seems much the same level all the time - when booting up or on the normal driving screens.
If everything seems to be working after the accident, I think you've got away with it!

thanks for your reply, yes it is the same volume all the time and yes everything else works as normal, you only can hear it if you turn it around speaker side and not at the screen side so not that loud i just never noticed it doing the hiss before

cheers

Ask a Question