Sound Alert when leaving the car

Is there any way that TOMTOM 730 warns/reminds with a SOUND alert (not visual alert) that not to leave the GPS on the mount when you switch off or leave from car when you have reached your destination Point

Try this link out. You'll have to record your own warning.

Edit: Oops, it says it requires a x40 model. Maybe you can see if it works anyways with the new 8.350 app.

I did create a file called suspend.ogg with less than 3 seconds. It still didn't ask me what I want to hear when I shut down. Even with the new app 8.30 version .. :-(

Resurrecting this old thread to ask if anyone has had any luck with a suspend.ogg?

TomTom's create-your-own-content shut-down sounds information page specifies the .\sounds directory but I created a short 16-bit 22050 Hz Mono suspend.ogg file and tried it in both the root and in .\sounds but had no luck in getting it to play from either location.

I am not even completely sure if a shutdown sound will work with my model, though I see no reason why it should not since it can play warning sounds in the same format. The create-your-own-content model support table only lists the One XL but that is a 2007 model while the XL IQ Routes Edition is a 2009 model. All of the other x40 models claim this functionality so I had thought a 340 would have it as well...

Does anyone have a working suspend.ogg?

The safety preference of 'Warn' when leaving the vehicle is poorly worded. There is NO audible warning when you shut off the unit, only a visual antitheft (if so desired) graphic on the TomTom screen.

Ask a Question