Some things confuse me about Suzie

TomTom Model(s)
We use the voice of Susan, but we have several friends named Susan so I call it Suzie. I told my wife that I was going to call it "Suzie Q". She said no, she didn't like that name. But I can call her Suzie Q when we are alone. lol

Well that was not why I started this thread. Recently we made a trip of about 300 miles roundtrip. On the return we came to an intersection and Suzie said to go stright. However, I knew my way home so I turned right. Suzie said that it was 65 miles home her way. As soon as she refigured the milage the way that I turned it was only 51 miles home.

Now why did she do that? Did she want to stop by a shopping center, like my wife would?

It is possible that Suzie thinks the longer route is actually faster. This may or may not bear out in reality.

You should test it out. Maybe your usual shorter route actually takes longer.

Yes I agree with Jim.
It depends what navigation settings you placed prior to navigating? Was it set at fastest or shortest route?

Shortest route doesnt mean you will get there fast. Fastest route doesnt mean it is the best shortest route.

Also, you don't have to be bullied by your GPS. You can take other routes and it will reroute your destination.

Me and my brother-in-laws, given the same start/destination, never take the same route.:eek:

Last edited:

Ask a Question