GO 750 Tries to say two things at once

I've recently bought a GO 750 and so far I'm super impressed with it.

One strange thing I've noticed though is there are a few places where I think it tries to say two things at once. I'm using one of the computer voices that pronounces street names. One of the places I've noticed this is when turning onto a street that has a street name, but also has a State Highway designator (SH1). It's hard to tell exactly, as the audio is very garbled but I think it's trying to say the street name and spell out "S H 1" at the same time.

While this isn't a big deal, it is a bit annoying and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows of a solution.

Have you tried a different computer voice? Might be a bit better. The Loquendo speech engine behind the computer voices for your model does a decent job in some aspects, not so much in others (ask anybody who has experienced a computer voice trying to pronounce 'San Francisco' and other Spanish names)

Further, the 'hint' file used by the software is faulty in some situations. I have heard 'Susan' pronounce 'SW' as 'software', instead of 'South West' :eek:
I know that TomTom does do testing of its speech engine files on a regular basis so there's always hope a newer application version sometime will include enhanced computer voices that are more robust than today's versions.

Ask a Question