signal indoors

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
Ok I have to ask. How does the TT pick up such strong signals indoors, never mind any signal. I thought it needed clear line of site like units I have had in the past.

I thought it needed clear line of site like units I have had in the past.
What units did you have in the past? Garmin iQue, Street Pilot C320, C330 ... ?:D

Yes I had a Garmin iQue 3600 and it got nothing indoors. Just wondering how it picks the signal as well as it does indoors.
Welcome to a new world. Now you know that Garmin is not the GPS God as they make their followers think they are. :D

Quickfix on the TT, instantfix on Garmin, allow greatly increased signal acquisition, very noticeable indoors.

I saw posts by Magellan fans claiming their Tritons work even in basement, that is really something. My TT works indoor (takes quite long - like 3 min), but not in the basement.

I saw posts by Magellan fans claiming their Tritons work even in basement, that is really something. My TT works indoor (takes quite long - like 3 min), but not in the basement.

I'd think that's of value ... if you plan to drive your basement somewhere ;)

Seriously, I understand the signal strength of a gps unit has to do with the quality of the chipset used; TomTom's x20 (and x30, I guess) models apparently have a quite decent one.

Well I took my 720 into the basement when grabbing some laundry and remarkably I was able to hold 4 satellites, to me that is impressive.

Ask a Question