Setting Current Location as Favourite

Hi
When I first got my Galaxy Note I had to use Sygic as a navigation app while waiting for TT to catch up and produce their app for Android. Now I've got both working, my liking for the TT routing algorithm is strongly confirmed but there are two features of the Sygic that I sorely miss. One is the ability to create and store a route (but then TT long ago abandoned that useful tool for some reason) and the other is the ability quickly to set your Current Position as a Favourite. When driving I like to be able to mark and pass on the position of new speed cameras. You have to be able to do that quickly, almost without taking your eyes off the road and the only way that TT offer is absurdly cumbersome (Touch the screen > Settings > Manage Favourites > Add > Scroll to next page > Current position and if you aren't in the ditch by the time you've completed that bit of navigation you're lucky) as compared to the Sygic (Touch the car icon > Set as Favourite). It surely couldn't be that difficult for TT to include such a useful feature?

What model do you have? I can certainly do that with my Nav 3 devices.....

Manage favourites-->Add favourite-->current position. (must have a gps fix)

Some of the hardware models have an optional "Quick menu" which allows you to add a one-touch "add favourite" button to the main navigation screen. Does the Android version have that feature? (I had a quick look at the on-line manual, but couldn't see it.

The Android version does not have a quickmenu feature.

I think the Android version allows immediate reporting of a speedcam to Tomtom if you subscribe to the Tomtom speedcam service, but if you use other 3rd party services it isn't easy to mark a spot.

Ask a Question