Search POI feature

On my TomTom (1 year old) IQ Routes 340 the Search POI function stopped and tech support has told me they don't have the means to fix it. Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it? I saw on the Net that some people have had this happen. To be CLEAR - this is not the Find option once you are in a category. This is a function prior to choosing a category that allows you to select by name regardless of category. It's suppose to search for a POI by name throughout the database of POIs on your device. It's a function that let's you search if you do not know the category. I used to use it all the time and it just stopped. I didn't get a map update but I don't recall if it stopped after I connected to the pc or not. Just want to know if anyone knows how to fix it. I've downloaded the Application layer again and it definitely is the latest but it didn't fix anything. Tech support told me they can no longer help with it. It's out of warranty so it's just my problem now.

I had a reboot occur with mine earlier today with an itinerary loaded, but after deleting the route I have not been able to replicate the problem (seems it solved its own problem).

Perhaps you could try both with and without an itinerary loaded.

Nancy, did you try resetting the unit. Hold the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds (don't think your model has a dedicated reset hole on the bottom).

I'm assuming that your keystrokes are:
Navigate to-->POI-->(select Near you or In City or Along Destination or near destinator)-->then 'Search POI'??

and when you click Search, the kreyboard does or does not appear????

Ask a Question