XXL540S - Search for POI's finds nothing

Hi,

I have a XXL540S WTE with the following specs:

serial AKTGY C2N66
APP 9.061.576030.103, 1000
1034, 7/10/2010 32320 MB
GPS v1.20, Boot 1.0012
USA_CANADA_MEXICO_P, V860.3121

My problem is that since I updated "something" (if I remember correctly, it was the application version, but I'm not sure), now everytime I try to search for anything (Go to->POI->POI in city, although it makes no difference what or where,->Seach POI-> and type any name) the result is always No POI found. I can look for a POI in a category and what I want is in there. From what I've seen, I'm better off asking in this group than calling TOMTOM support :). I have an old backup done with windows explorer before I updated a map and the search used to work then. I would appreciate it very much if some one would be able to help.

Thanks you all

Have you tried resetting the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds? Try that.

If that doesn't help, make a new Explorer backup to a location other than where the previous one was stored. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit using Explorer. NO folders or their contents. Then, connect to Home and get the application offered. Install and disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better?

Thank you for your reply, DHN. I had a lot of problems after I deleted all the loose files and after TTH offered the automatic update for the application. It turned out that after rebooting, either manually or through TTH, mt XXL540 would stay at the hands TT logo and would not boot. Since I had a few backups, I tried several times until I deleted everything and did a full restore from a backup previous to the application update. I then did another update, as suggested by TT and then rebooted again. Now everything is working the way it is supposed to, including search function, the map share updates and the operate my device (at one point, the updated did work but I was no longer able to download the map share updates nor to operate my device). It would be nice to know though, how to restore my Favorites from yesterday's backup. But hey, that's a minor annoyance compared to not finding anything!

Thank you very much for your assistance.:thumb:

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file from the specific map folder on your backup to the specific map folder on your unit. That should restore your favourites. If the unit reboots or hangs, connect to Home and run the emulator (Operate my XXL). Plan a trip. When finished, disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Ask a Question