SD Mem Resets and No Susan

TomTom Model(s)
XL-S
My XL-S (V7.167) is locked in a continuous reset when I insert a 2G mem card (it boots OK from internal mem). The card is formatted to FAT and I copied the contents with a card reader from the internal mem to the card to get started. I saw a post related to this somewhere but can't seem to find it again.

I don't know if it is related but the CHANGE DEVICE option is ghosted out in TTH even when the SD card is installed. The card is a ScanDisk 2G card.

Also, I deleted the Susan voice prior to getting the 2G card to free up mem but now I can't reinstall it. It does nat appear in the list of voices to download in TTH. Is there an alternative location to get the computer voice back ?:confused:

OK - I just off off the line with Earl from TT Support who, BTW, was excellent in his help and found that the Susan voice is in a separate menu (Computer Voices) in the Add Map, Traffic, Voices, etc.. which is separate from the Voices menu (OK, I was being a little lazy by not looking at all the menu screens).

Also, apparently the SD card must be formatted for a FAT32 and not FAT (which mine was). I haven't tried re-formatting but will post an update when I do.

Last edited:

Ask a Question