Route IQ / Traffic worked better in 7.221?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
I've noticed that ever since I rolled back my firmware to 7.221, TomTom is suddenly giving me the amount of delay on a route, remembering that a major road was congested the last time and suggesting an alternative, etc. My driving time for frequently traveled routes seems to be improving the more I use it.

1. Has anyone else noticed that traffic delay calculations disappeared in 7.48x?
2. Might TomTom have accidentally left the Route IQ feature in 7.221 much like they accidentally left voice recognition in there for the 720?

I don't know about that but I never see delay on route with using TMC traffic. Personally either TT never implemented it correctly or Clear Channel does not send that information:(

The only time I ever say delay information was when I was testing TT Traffic Plus.

I've noticed that ever since I rolled back my firmware to 7.221, TomTom is suddenly giving me the amount of delay on a route, remembering that a major road was congested the last time and suggesting an alternative, etc. My driving time for frequently traveled routes seems to be improving the more I use it.

1. Has anyone else noticed that traffic delay calculations disappeared in 7.48x?
2. Might TomTom have accidentally left the Route IQ feature in 7.221 much like they accidentally left voice recognition in there for the 720?

Route IQ is only associated with maps for the x30 series, not x20. This function is also not available in Navcore 7.x, only Navcore 8. Finally, IQ requires input from users of x30 models.

Route IQ is only associated with maps for the x30 series, not x20. This function is also not available in Navcore 7.x, only Navcore 8. Finally, IQ requires input from users of x30 models.

WOW amazing I must say

Then perhaps I'm using the wrong term for it. Let me put this another way...

Is Navcore 7 supposed to remember the average speed on roads you've already traveled, and use that as the calculated speed when determining the fastest route?

If not, I know what you're saying, but it sure seems like after installing 7.221, my 920T is using actual averages, if not from other users then from my previous trips. Previously, it would show me there was a delay, and then refuse to acknowledge it ("there are no delays on your route" but with the traffic meter showing that in X miles, there is slow traffic ahead). Isn't it possible that TomTom would have either deliberately (for testing purposes, hoping no one would notice) or accidentally put part of the Route IQ code into that version of the firmware?

Ask a Question