Route deviation causes freeze and reboot

TomTom Model(s)
TT 920
Hi

A week ago my TT 920 T worked great to navigate me into central Brussels (only lack of warning about a closed tunnel in NL was annoying as a detour had to be planned on the fly). I have had it since March.

This was with the newly installed Nav 8.010 I think. Still using the old map. Any way Nav 8.010 is now installed and that is when the problem started.

Two days later on my next trip the following problem started. No amount of Clear Flash has cured it. TomTom have not responded to email reports.

A route is planned from the home location.
As soon as there is a deviation such as getting fuel or moving off the road into a parking area or road works, TT 920 freezes. After about 30 seconds it reboots. Eventually the present location is shown but no route is planned.
Pressing Navigate To causes another freeze. Either immediately or when a Recent Destination is selected.

However if Prepare a Route is selected and From Present Location is selected then selection of the recent destination works and a route is calculated. Navigation continutes to work until the next deviation. This procedure of many menu screens is not safe while driving.

Also the TT 920 is now inclined to restart after it has been switched off and shows the green reminder screen.

Any suggestions?

You talked about the Flash Tool but have you tried a pin reset and if that doesn't help, perhaps unload the 8.010 firmware and download and reinstall using Home.

Try deleting the application

Another option is to delete the tomtom application and reinstall it.

1. Connect to computer.
2. From Tomtom home choose remove from my tomtom
3. Find applications and delete the tomtom application
4. after deleting, click update my tomtom (you may need to reconnect to the computer)
5. it should download a new copy of the application and install.

Ive done it a couple times (which I don't think I should need to). I ran into this problem yesterday and it worked.

Guys there is no need to do all of the above. The error happens when a file is corrupt on your TOMTOM.

With the device attached to your computer.

1. Right click the windows button.
2. Select explore
3. Right click the tomtom device.
4. click properties
5. Click tools
6. Click check for errors.(ensure the box automatically fix is checked)
7. This will error check the tomtom.
8. Once complete you will find your tomtom works again.

The main reason this happens is when people pull the USB cable for the cradle out of there computer with the TOMTOM still inserted. By doing this you sometime corrupt the files on the device.

When removing the tomtom you need to go to device on home and select disconnect from device.

This was the fix given to me by TOMTOM support.

Ask a Question