Roads with "Highway" in the name

TomTom Model(s)
I have a 540 and I'm having a problem with roads that have the word "Highway" in it's name.

For exemple, "(Hwy 401) EB Highway of Heroes E" appears as "(Hwy Of) (Hwy 401) EB Heroes E" and "(Hwy 416) NB Veteran's Memorial Highway N" appears as "(Hwy N) (Hwy 416) Veteran's Memorial".

The voice also says to take "Highway N" or "Highway Of", and the logos on the map say (Of) and (N) rather than (401) and (416). This also affects the Advanced Lane Guidance which tells me to take highways (Of) and (N).

I can fix the voice using the loquendo files, but the map still shows the wrong thing.

Is there any way to fix this?

** (xxx) = Little Highway logo **

Unfortunately the changes in the Loquendo speech files won't have an effect on the names of the roads. You can try changing them using mapshare, change road names.

But I don't think even that will alter the Reality view signage. You may need to report that as other error in mapshare and hope changes get implemented in a future map.

Ask a Question