Rider Mount

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 1 - VIA 1605
Just got back from a 3000 mile ride and about at the half way point my TTRide mount (the one that the Rider sits in) broke. Luckly I had a safety strap attached and was able to hold the Rider until I was able to stop. Anyway the part that broke is not listed as an accessory that I can purchase on the TT site. Anyone have a suggestion on where to purchase or have an extra one?

RAM Mount

I just got back from Europe, where I used a 910 in a Ram motorcycle mount. Worked great for the 800 km I totaled up around Euro Bikeweek in Austria, although I had to work off of its battery and recharge off the bike. Note - don't even think about doing this if not behind a windscreen. Also used the glarestomper sun shade, without witch it would have useless during the day

Maps were pretty accurate, with some of the usual exceptions (hotel POI's). I did not get a tether set up yet, so will not use it much more until I do. Are there any tethers available out there, or only self-made being used ?

If it's the mount and not the TT cradle itself, I would recommend either a RAM or what I now use which is the multiPOD mount and cradle holder from Wunderlich -- it's fantastic.

I lost my TT Rider a couple of times and did not have a safety strap:eek: the Rider survived with many ugly marks on it, but now with the multiPOD and TT secure mount I do not have to worry about that anymore:D

The part that broke is the cradle. It broke just below the black rubber piece that snaps to the top of the Rider. I was excited to see the new mount that has an FM transmitter built-in but it does not fit the older Rider.:mad:

If it's the mount and not the TT cradle itself, I would recommend either a RAM or what I now use which is the multiPOD mount and cradle holder from Wunderlich -- it's fantastic.

I lost my TT Rider a couple of times and did not have a safety strap:eek: the Rider survived with many ugly marks on it, but now with the multiPOD and TT secure mount I do not have to worry about that anymore:D

lodo - The Extreme" Off Road Bracket for TomTom from Wunderlich looks like it should work just fine to hold the broken pieces together until I can find a replacement. Thanks:D

lodo - The Extreme" Off Road Bracket for TomTom from Wunderlich looks like it should work just fine to hold the broken pieces together until I can find a replacement. Thanks:D

That's great Bruce - I really like mine. It makes the Rider a little tougher to get on and off the bike, which is good for theft protection I suppose, because of the "key screw" on the Wunderlich but that just gave me an excuse to get a 520 for the car:D

Good Luck

Ask a Question