Remote control won't connect

Yesterday I drove somewhere and the remote was working fine. Later when I turned my tomtom back on the remote control would no longer connect. The remote is flashing blue like crazy which tells me it's not the battery. I put new batteries in it anyway just to be sure. The remote won't make a connection to the tomtom.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Yesterday I drove somewhere and the remote was working fine. Later when I turned my tomtom back on the remote control would no longer connect. The remote is flashing blue like crazy which tells me it's not the battery. I put new batteries in it anyway just to be sure. The remote won't make a connection to the tomtom.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try a pin reset on the unit.

Try a pin reset on the unit.

by pin reset, do you mean putting a paper clip in that little reset whole on the tomtom? I tried that a few times.

I just called customer support and I am returning the remote and they're sending me a new one. Unfortunately I have to pay to send the remote to them and they won't send me the new one until they get the old one back from me. Not the greatest customer service since I will be without remote for quite a while. But I'm glad they are replacing it and am hopeful the next one will last much, much longer than the 1st one.

Customer Service suggested that for me as well. Did you try to change the firmware? Before you go to the expense of returning the remote, I would at least try to go back to 7.221. It worked for me, and since I changed went back the remote, the cell phone, the FM transmitter, have all been working fine.

Customer Service suggested that for me as well. Did you try to change the firmware? Before you go to the expense of returning the remote, I would at least try to go back to 7.221. It worked for me, and since I changed went back the remote, the cell phone, the FM transmitter, have all been working fine.

I once tried reverting the software but lots of things didn't work right - including map corrections and the remote. My remote has always worked fine with the latest firmware. I am hoping that they have a newer version of the remote that will work better. That's probably a stretch but I want everything to work on my Tomtom, not just part of it.

Remote Connection Problem

I had the same problem after getting my new TT 920. First time I used, it worked OK. Then the remote would not connect. After trying for a while, I got a message on the screen that the remote would not connect while driving. Once I stopped the car I tried using the remote. It connected and was working fine. Now I make sure before I start driving I push a button on the remote to make sure the remote connects to the TT. It has been working fine ever since. I haven't found anything in the menus or preferences about this. Anyway, that is what I have found.

I had the same problem after getting my new TT 920. First time I used, it worked OK. Then the remote would not connect. After trying for a while, I got a message on the screen that the remote would not connect while driving. Once I stopped the car I tried using the remote. It connected and was working fine. Now I make sure before I start driving I push a button on the remote to make sure the remote connects to the TT. It has been working fine ever since. I haven't found anything in the menus or preferences about this. Anyway, that is what I have found.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. Surprisingly, contrary to what they said on the phone, they sent me the new remote without my having sent mine back yet. Just received it today so I'll be checking it out soon to see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. Surprisingly, contrary to what they said on the phone, they sent me the new remote without my having sent mine back yet. Just received it today so I'll be checking it out soon to see if it works.

The new remote looks used but it works. for now.

Ask a Question