TT930 vs the remote control

Ok, this is something that seems to have developed since one of the latest releases? (8.35x maybe?) . Seems like bluetooth stack became much less stable. Sometimes it does not recognize my phone, but more often it is fine with the phone, but the remote does not connect. Doing a full blown reset seems to work for a while, but the issue seems to be recurring with alarming regularity now.

Anyone else is seeing this?

BTW, Whose bright idea was it to use bluetooth for remote? What was wrong with the good old IR that worked all the time and did not require 30 second startup?

-HH

BTW, Whose bright idea was it to use bluetooth for remote? What was wrong with the good old IR that worked all the time and did not require 30 second startup?
Possibly they got wise to a few users messing about altering other peoples destinations when sat stationary in traffic, the range and open frequency of the the old RF remote made this possible. Not that I ever did such a thing (honest) but it was funny watching someone thinking their nav unit had gone wrong.......

Yes, the bluetooth stack was reported by many to be more unstable with app 8.35x.

The most common symptom is handsfree failing to work after a couple of days. When corrupted, usually a pin reset gets this cleared up (at least for another 2 days).

The FM transmitter is unstable too. I suspect one of these has some type of memory leak that eventually corrupts the other, and then eventually corrupts the whole Tomtom.

If you don't use FM, you can downgrade to 8.302 as its bluetooth stack is much more stable.

At least it's not just me having this issue. My phone doesn't seem to have a problem connecting, but the remote almost never will connect. If I hit the reset button, it will connect right then. But when I try the next day it won't connect anymore.

Ask a Question