Remote control 4m02.000 and GO 750?

Hello,
I bought the remote 4M02.000 , but do not work,
The Bluetooth remote is recognition by the cell windows mobile (but but logically it does not work)
The Bluetooth of TOMTOM works as a speakerphone with cell .

led blue of remote , flashing , the wheel turns when the TomTom search bluetooth !
but tomtom not connect whit remote!!!!!

There 'someone with a GO 750/950, which can operate the Bluetooth remote control.
there 'who says it works, some say no, but I have no proof !!

thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
There's much confusion over the different remote controls for different models (not helped by TomTom customer services themselves not knowing and getting it wrong on their website!)

It also doesn't help that there is a different part number on the remote itself and on the plastic bag it comes in (4M02.000 and 9M00.081) so both numbers tend to get mentioned!

Maybe TT Forums should do a round-up of the different types and part numbers?

To start off, there's this previous topic TomTom 730 remote question .
That has a picture showing the part number on the bag as 9M00.081 on the bag and in the text it says it has 4M02.000 inside the battery compartment.

In that topic, TT are reported as saying that the Bluetooth remote for the x20 models wouldn't work with the x30 models, but everyone else says it does.
---------------
The US TT website doesn't seem to have any remote controls for sale at all.

On the UK TT website here.they sell ONE remote control.
They say it is the one compatible with the GO 500,GO 700, GO 510, GO 710, GO 910 So it's the old one which which works on Radio Frequency (RF) not Bluetoooth
--------------
On the UK TT website support pages here they discuss pairing of the Remote Control and imply it is the same one for GO x20 / x30 / x40 / x50 models.
------------------------------------------
On the US support pages here. they have a compatibility table showing the old black-faced RF model for the GO 700, GO 510, GO910
and the silver-faced BT model for the Go x20 and GO x30 models
(no mention of GOx40 or x50 models there...)

------
Another shopping site says the same remote works for the GO520, GO720, GO920, GO530, GO540, GO740, GO940, but makes no mention of the GO x50 models

So in all of that, I haven't yet found an absolutely definitive statement that the same BT remote control works on ALL the ranges up to and including the GO x50's, but I'm pretty sure it should do.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3&Lid=8
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDPhypwRlA[/ame]

In The first site, the manual of remote control are with the tomtom go x50
In the second site, there 'a video where you see one or un boxing where there' a remote control in original package

Today the TomTom Italy told that is compatible, but are very inefficient and ignorant!!
for a month, even though I told him the code, the "technical" have spoken of a radio remote control unit (one for 910), then they finally understood what I was talking

I saw that YouTube video... It's rather odd because normally the Go950 didn't come with a remote control in the box, you had to buy it as an accessory.
But you can clearly see the part number I mentioned above.

I also imagine that it is not sold together, but in the video is so !
What a mess!
But there no one with a GO 750/950 and a remote control that works?

I bought ANOTHER remote 4M02.000 ,and work FINE!!
It's the old remote broken .

at the end :

THE REMOTE 4M02.000 WORK WITH GO750 LIVE !

I bought ANOTHER remote 4M02.000 ,and workFINE!!
It's the old remote broken .

That's very good news, clatso! Glad you got a replacement remote, and now it's working.

Enjoy!!

Ask a Question