Red area on map

Hello, I have a 910 and when i am driving i see areas of the map that are in red, anyone know what the red land areas is supposed to represent?

I would like to know this, too. I don't think I've seen red, but I'm curious as to what the orange side of the road vs. the green side is. I wish there was a color-coded legend somewhere, but I'm not surprised there's not.

I have no idea and this is just my guess based on what I've seen, but I would guess yellow is developed and green is undeveloped. But that's just a guess. I have never seen red either.

Aren't these colours dependent on what "theme"/scheme you're running? I think one way to figure out what's what is to look at the .clr file you're using for your day and night colours. The values are for a RGB pallette and the decimal range for each goes from 0-256.

Here's a decimal RGB colour chart.
rgbdec.html

rgbdec.html

What the topic regards to the day mode standard color scheme. There are sections of the map when the area changes color from the original orangy color.

What the topic regards to the day mode standard color scheme. There are sections of the map when the area changes color from the original orangy color.

I think figuring it out from the standard colour scheme may be a big difficult unless you can find a copy of the .clr file for that. It seems to be "hidden" in the firmware and not readily accessable. I think I saw somewhere where someone published .clr files of the stock firmware schemes though. Another option would be to switch to a user-downloaded colour scheme, and then cross-corrolate those areas where you're seeing the red with the ones on the user-selected scheme then look into the .clr file and see what that corresponds to.

Okay. I found copies of the default colour schemes at the Color Scheme Editor website. I'm attaching a copy...

I don't remember what the exact default colour scheme was set to. I suspect it might be Amerika. If so, then based on the following excerpted definitions in the file...

Code:
255,245,205 // background
246,212,155 // built-up area (city)
168,168,255 // water solid
200,240,200 // park
153,204,153 // woodland
231,232,172 // beach/dune/sand
204,153,255 // industrial zone
204,204,204 // harbor/marina
255,204,204 // moor/heath
153,255,204 // marsh
255,204,255 // pedestrian zone
153,153,204 // airport
204,204,204 // runway

... and the OP's description of the colour, my guess would be the 246,212,155 colour which is kind of "peachy" and thus would correspond to "built-up area (city)" on the amerika.clr colour scheme.

Attachments

• default_schemes.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 251

Pedro, there isn't a "standard" colour scheme.
Different models in different countries have different schemes installed "out of the box"
Far easier to just ask the OP what scheme they are using!

So it is!
I wonder why on Earth it appeared in "New topics" this morning?

(Not the first time that's happened either)

There was a request to remove something here by a user, Andy. I believe that the edit caused the thread to reappear as 'new'.

Ask a Question