Recommendations

TomTom Model(s)
I want to get my wife a TT, however she keeps resisting, although I keep getting phone calls at work from her telling me she is lost and needs directions...

She is not very technically savvy, nor does she need a lot of features...I want to keep costs as low as possible (obviously)...which unit(s) do you recommend (I'm assuming some version of the TT One)...

Should I wait for the next crop of devices to come out, etc.?

I love my 910, but I am also a geek at heart.

I think you'd be hard pressed to beat the ONE v2 right now. There are great deals on them as long as they're still available, and since it's fairly basic, it shouldn't overwhelm your wife.

Jim

I think you'd be hard pressed to beat the ONE v2 right now. There are great deals on them as long as they're still available, and since it's fairly basic, it shouldn't overwhelm your wife.

Jim

Is the One V2 capable of Plus services such as traffic/weather?
Is the One V2 compatible w/ TMC if or when it comes out in the US (assuming it works) :D ?

Nobody knows for sure, but there is a little input jack that looks eerily like a traffic connector...

I would recommend the ONE for you wife.
Its small and easy to mount. This is a plus for me. I also have a 910 so I know my significant other can't mount my 910.

If TMC is available in the US and they get their accessory working properly, it won't work on the ONE.
But you can use your phone for Traffic updates.

I want to get my wife a TT, however she keeps resisting, although I keep getting phone calls at work from her telling me she is lost and needs directions...

She is not very technically savvy, nor does she need a lot of features...I want to keep costs as low as possible (obviously)...which unit(s) do you recommend (I'm assuming some version of the TT One)...

Should I wait for the next crop of devices to come out, etc.?

I love my 910, but I am also a geek at heart.
My wife thought ALL PNDs werew 'stupid toys'...until she saw the TomTom she bought me for Christmas in action...

now when she needs to go someplace i am not... we argue over who gets the TomTom.

My reccomendation,
Give her your 910 to use for a week or so, you go get a ONE and use that.

Before you know it she'll be wanting one of them all the time.

Thanks Spook, you are right, that connector is for an external antenna.

As for prices, just keep your eyes open. Amazon periodically has the ONE for around $279 and the 910 is currently $440. Good luck to you!

Thank you to everyone that responsed!

One last queston - where can I get a good price on a TT1 or 910 (new or refurb)?

you can try to win the ONE in the contest we are running....
and I think Best buy still has them @ $299? or was it $249.... the ONE that is.

I don't look for 910s ;)

Ask a Question