reboot

TomTom Model(s)
520 720 730
Is it possible to get the TT connected to the computer without having to press the button connect on the TT. The screen has stopped working and ive tried 3 working screens still nothing any ideas

If you reboot your unit WHILE it is already connected to the PC, it should not ask whether or not you wish to make the connection. So connect the device and then press the reset button in the bottom of the device. All 3 of the units you list have the reset button on the bottom.

How do I do that with a docking station? Also the touch screen isnt working will this still connect that way. Sorry im a novice as it shows

Rebooting is that the pin reset? Also when doing the pin reset and pressing the power button I get the white writing on a black screen what is this and do I leave it running or what thanks

You don't use the docking station.. you connect up with a regular USB-A to USB-miniB cable to the bottom of the unit. And yes, you are correct .. I'm describing a 'pin reset'. Once the device is physically connected to the PC via the cable, using the pin reset will cause a logical connection that you can use to fire up Home, or use your computer to review the contents of the unit.

Your white on black screen comes from leaning on the power button for too long. We call that the 'diag screen'.

Device off.
Connect to PC with USB cable.
Power up unit with power button. Only takes the usual brief press.
Press reset button in the bottom. Gently with the end of a paper clip or whatever, just for a second.
Unit should make logical USB connection to PC when it discovers it is connected while rebooting.

If the screen has stopped responding to key presses, I'm not sure what you can do besides bin the poor thing anyway. I see you have 3 units with the same screen, and if swapping them didn't do any good, whichever the offending unit is may be past help.

Ask a Question