RDS-TMC Receiver no longer recognized

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Hey there,

Today when I plugged the traffic receiver into the TomTom, it didn't recognize it at all.

I tried resetting the unit and reinserting the receiver but still nothing.

When I get home I will try a memory flash but does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Thanks,
--Phil

As info...

When I put the TT into the cradle today, all the speech files required to be re-installed. I deferred that and ran the flash memory program and they no longer required a re-installation. I will go try the RDS-TMC receiver.

Another note, I received a "No Route Found" when I was not snapped to a known road "Unnamed Road", which is uncommon.

--Phil

So after the last post I tested the receiver and still failed to detect the receiver.

--Phil

I have found if you have enabled and used traffic while hooked up TT home and/or with a bluetooth device, sometimes you have to disable traffic in that mode before you connect the receiver and before it will recognize the receiver.
Give it a try.

I have found if you have enabled and used traffic while hooked up TT home and/or with a bluetooth device, sometimes you have to disable traffic in that mode before you connect the receiver and before it will recognize the receiver.
Give it a try.
Thanks,

I tested the Traffic Receiver in my ONE XL and it was able to make a connection, what it appears is that a rubber gromet fell off and the receiver is no longer making connection. Well, I guess it's time to take it back to the store for a replacement.

--Phil

Ask a Question