QuickGPSfix data

I'm sitll puzzling over the GPSfix - the fact that TT Home lists it as being 160 kb, when the actual size of the cab file is 69 kb, and the actual size of the lto.dat file listed by windows explorere is 69 kb (ee_meta.tlv and ee_meta.txt are listed as 1 kb each; the txt file is a lot less, and the tlv is also probably actually a lot less but Win Expl is listing to the nearest kb).

I figured out that probably the tlv file has information for TT Home to use, and isn't an actual part of the GPS fix program itself, that probably being entirely within lto.dat.

All I ever get in my TT "Downloads" files on my computer are the *.cab, *.png (the icon), and *.toc (xml descriptive data) files.

The *.cab contains the actual *.ee almanac data and the *.txt file that defines the time for which the data will remain valid.

The two files from the *.cab land in my ephem folder on the unit after unpacking by Home, and the *.tlv file (a more machine readable version of the *.toc, it would appear) is also added at that time. So the *.tlv is really of no consequence.

I'm sitll puzzling over the GPSfix - the fact that TT Home lists it as being 160 kb, when the actual size of the cab file is 69 kb, and the actual size of the lto.dat file listed by windows explorere is 69 kb (ee_meta.tlv and ee_meta.txt are listed as 1 kb each; the txt file is a lot less, and the tlv is also probably actually a lot less but Win Expl is listing to the nearest kb).

I figured out that probably the tlv file has information for TT Home to use, and isn't an actual part of the GPS fix program itself, that probably being entirely within lto.dat.

The lto.dat file is the entire quickgpsfix file.

The tlv file is like a locator file. Home will use tlv's as a shortcut to know what/where things are on the Tomtom. If it's missing, Tomtom will seach the whole device, a process that is only negligibly slower.

The size of the file is read from the toc file, located in %MyDocuments%\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\ephemeris\

All I ever get in my TT "Downloads" files on my computer are the *.cab, *.png (the icon), and *.toc (xml descriptive data) files.

The *.cab contains the actual *.ee almanac data and the *.txt file that defines the time for which the data will remain valid.

The two files from the *.cab land in my ephem folder on the unit after unpacking by Home, and the *.tlv file (a more machine readable version of the *.toc, it would appear) is also added at that time. So the *.tlv is really of no consequence.
Don't know about the latter.
*.txt shows 1282676345 and *.toc, as well as .tlv 1282676335, a numerical discrepancy of 10.
Will have to try to Update my GO tomorrow again as for now there are no downloads available.

mlv
The size of the file is read from the toc file, located in %MyDocuments%\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\ephemeris\

my *.toc file lists "size" as being 61440 (in several places) but TT Home is reporting a size of 128 kb.

61440 bits is exactly 60 kbits

Windows Explorer is reporting the size to be 62 kb.

TT Home is reporting that the file that TT Home downloaded, and put on my computer, is 60 kb. Press the computer tab, look for the version of QuickGPSfix file there, that matches the version on your TT. TT Home will show it to be in a folder, such as documents and settings/My Documents/[name]/TomTom/Home/Download/complete/ephemeris/QuickGPSfix-[X]/ephemeris.cab (unless you have reconfigured TT home to put downloads in a different folder). But it is reporting that the file on my TT, in the X:\ephem folder, is 128 kb. (Press the Items on Device Tab). So the toc file has info about the size of download file, but it appears that TT Home is getting info about the size of the file on the TT, from somewhere else.

Ask a Question