Problems with my 950 Live ..... Again !

TomTom Model(s)
950 Live
My 950 Live is stuck in an electronic cycle .

About 2 minutes on the Black screen with the Tom Tom logo , then a few seconds with the blue and yellow screen with the download bar that goes from left to right , once it has done this it has a blank screen for a bit , then it just cycles through it again .

I tried letting the battery run down completely , then I plugged it into my computer to update it thinking this would help , but as soon as I unplugged it , it started going through that cycle again .

Any ideas chaps ??

Also I seem to have lost most of my mobile phone volume when bluetoothed through the device , it used to be very loud and clear and now it is quiet . How can I put the volume up again for my mobile .

Have you tried resetting your unit? Holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sound unless you have a dedicated reset hole.

If that doesn't help, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Then, delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Connect to Home and dl the application offered. Install and disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Any better now?

If still not fixed, use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file in your specific map folder. You'll lose all your recent destinations, Home location, etc. but, upon reboot, things might be better.

Thank you for responding .

Yes , I have tried resetting the unit and it doesn't break the cycle unfortunately .

I will try the other methods you suggest , I am not worried about losing my settings , it won't take long to restore them back again .

Sounds as though your power button may be stuck. That is what will get you to the black and white text screen.

I've just posted about this in another topic....

The power buttons on the x40 and x50 ranges are identical and a pretty poor design.
They depend on two tiny thin flaps of plastic atthe ends of the switch to provide the "springiness". If one snaps (usually the one at the pointy end of the switch goes first) then the switch becomes much more susceptible to a tiny bit of grit or whatever stopping the button popping up, so the switch itself gets held down.

I'm on my third broken one and now have to prise it up with a pin every time after an abortive super-glue repair!

Ask a Question