Posting Route Numbers

I have a TOM TOM One. I recently drove from New England to Florida. I got around the "via issue" of only making one change by cutting the trip into segments. But is there a way of changing the Route TT chooses by putting via a Route number instead of choosing a location along the route? I wanted to take Route 301 around Balt/DC but it was difficult because TT kept trying to connect me back to ( 95 at different points along 301.

But is there a way of changing the Route TT chooses by putting via a Route number instead of choosing a location along the route?
Apart from adding forced waypoints on 301, not directly, no.

An alternative depends upon the amount of contiguous run of the undesired road (e.g., I-95) is involved. If you tell your unit to "Calculate Alternative", you can deselect the largest chunks of I-95 until it gives up and stays off of it altogether -- and then hope it has the sense to use 301 as the alternative.

Another approach is to avoid highways if your Planning Preferences option allows for that. It may avoid I-95 but still allow for 301. Depends upon what it thinks the 'road type' is for 301.

Ask a Question