Post code

TomTom Model(s)
via series
I've read about updating tomtom from zip file so that I can recover full post code ability. However I don't know how to access tom tom directory since it does not show up in My Computer (or device manager/device drives) although it shows on mytomtom.com.
Many thanks for any help.

The adding of current zip code files does not work on the newer models since there is no way to access the file system on the unit.

My understanding is that each map version for the new models does include current zipcodes for the UK.

Post Codes

I had tomtom replaced & when I did 1st update on new tomtom it lost the post code ability. I can enter first 3 digits. After I enter the number I cannot press space or select letters (it has become a Chinese symbol). I've done a reset but did not help?

We are entering new territory here, so we can't suggest much.
The techniques we have for downloading and installing the relevant files only work for those models where you can access the file system.

A bit of detective work means that we THINK the new postcode files are being downloaded with a new map onto the new NAV3 models, but there's nothing SPECIFIC you can do to correct it yourself if it's gone wrong.

All I can suggest is

1. a 20-second power switch reboot
2. A return to factory settings from the menus (back up your Favourites and POIs first)
3. The emergency recovery to a previous software state (see previous posts)
4. Send it back to TomTom for reflashing.

What did customer services say when you told them?

Ask a Question