POIEdit Question--- Favorites-->POIs

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
OK, successfully got my Favorites converted to an .ov2 file. Favorites now show up as POIs in TT. Pretty cool....

One question... how may I assign an icon to the newly created POI category (named _My_Favorites as recommended in a post here) and what are the guidelines for it (size, etc..)

I opened a different ov2 file and see how to add a phone number for a POI entry. Can't figure out where the icon gets assigned, though.....

Thanks in advance.

Grumpy, a bitmap in the size of 22 pixels x 22 pixels should be created.

A .bmp is associated with the relevant .ov2 file by naming the bitmap EXACTLY the same as the .ov2

In your example, the .bmp would be named _My_Favorites.bmp and also placed in the map folder.

You can create your .bmp in Paint or another program. Or, you can go to this site where there are a bunch of .bmps in various categories for various countries. Perhaps, one of them will do. If you download one of them, just remember to rename it to EXACTLY the same as your .ov2 file.

Further, there is a recent thread here somewhere where one member provided bmp's for downloading with the standard Star symbol of Favourites used by TomTom.

Grumpy, a bitmap in the size of 22 pixels x 22 pixels should be created.

A .bmp is associated with the relevant .ov2 file by naming the bitmap EXACTLY the same as the .ov2

In your example, the .bmp would be named _My_Favorites.bmp and also placed in the map folder.

You can create your .bmp in Paint or another program. Or, you can go to this site where there are a bunch of .bmps in various categories for various countries. Perhaps, one of them will do. If you download one of them, just remember to rename it to EXACTLY the same as your .ov2 file.

Further, there is a recent thread here somewhere where one member provided bmp's for downloading with the standard Star symbol of Favourites used by TomTom.

Awesome....thank you.

is there a way to get the address from my favorites that I made so I can create POI? I don't know the addresses and would hate to have to go back and look them all up.

is there a way to get the address from my favorites that I made so I can create POI? I don't know the addresses and would hate to have to go back and look them all up.
The addresses for your Favorites are stored along with the name you've given them in the mapsettings.cfg file. If you open that file with the program POIEDIT that people have been talking about here, you will see all of that information. That assumes, of course, that the favorites were created from an address to begin with, and not a lat/long or cross street or some other means.

I would also suggest you add a second bmp icon image to the map folder named _My_Favourites_X2.bmp but increase the size of the icon to 44x44 pixels, this looks far better in the menu pages on the device - Mike

Ask a Question