POI supporting narrative

TomTom Model(s)
Live
I am new to TomTom having previously used a Garmin. I have looked through quite a few threads but cannot find a reference to adding audio narrative to a POI, as in the Garmin Tourguide function.

I apologise if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Some TT models allow for Warn when near POI and when you select that option, one choice is a recorded message that you can make.

The models need a microphone (obviously) and most newer Nav3 devices come with that.

Is that what you mean by a 'narrative'???

@dhn The Tourguide system in Garmins is far more than just an audible warning as you approach a POI.

On the implementation I tried, for each POI ('National Trust' Properties in this case) it offered around 1 or 2 minutes of descriptive commentary and slideshow images when you got within a mile or two of the location.

I suspected as much, Andy. Was just trying to provide the (only) thing close in TomTom.

Thanks

As you have guessed, I was thinking along the lines of Garmin's narrative as described by Andy_P. Interestingly, the company that provided the National Trust application no longer offers it. On enquiring, they dropped it through a lack of demand and the fact that newer versions of Garmin car satnavs do not support MP3.

Cheers

Ask a Question