POI Question

TomTom Model(s)
How can i get them to show. I checked them all to see if they would show but nothing. I went to a major metro areas in Pa, Scranton and Stroudsburg. Areas where I know have tons of poi's. atm's, restaurants, etc, etc. but nothing showed. What am i doing wrong?

yeah i did that nothing.. i mean i was in a huge mall parking lot with tons of restaurants, banks,etc. NOTHING

what do you want it to show?
If POIs are indeed in your unit's database, then turn its category on and they should show.
If POIs that you look for are NOT on your unit's database, no matter how much you zoom in, you see nothing, none of those.

ive done that also pedro....im going to nyc on saturday, if nothing shows there then i know something is severly wrong

The VERSION number of the map can be found as follows: tap the satellite bars on the unit and the next screen shows the version number of the FIRMWARE installed. Tap the version number and the next screen shows the map and version installed. I know it is North_America_2GB but what version number?

That may be the issue.........the firmware is current. Your map is over 18 months old.

THe poi's using f/w 8.3 show differently on the map; they have little pointy things at the base of the poi.

I think your choices are: a) buy a current map (8.15 with a new one supposedly coming soon) or b) remove your firmware and downgrade to a Navcore 7 firmware version to match the map level.

If you go to this link, either of the first 2 links will get you N7 firmware. Probably the 7.481 will do.

Then, I think, you'll see the poi's on your 7.10 map.

BUT.............

Before doing anything, make a complete Explorer, not Home backup. Ensure hidden folders/files are showing.

no way am i paying for the new map now.. maybe at some point. but not worth the money now. as far as the rest, im not to computer savy and will somehow ruin it...lol. i will just have to do things the old fashion way.just hit poi and look for it.

no way am i paying for the new map now.. maybe at some point. but not worth the money now. as far as the rest, im not to computer savy and will somehow ruin it...lol. i will just have to do things the old fashion way.just hit poi and look for it.

Try "Browse Map" click on "Options" is POI checked?
Oldster

Ask a Question