POI question

Hello,

I've tried to locate several POI's in my hometown but they don't seem to exist on Tomtom. One is a popular state park, so I am surprised! When I tell it to show me recreation areas it jumps to a town 20 miles away and give me their city park. It also doesn't show a popular restaurant in town. The town is small - under 900- but POI's in smaller towns do come up.

Can I add these POI's to Tomtom? And is it a pain to do so? I've been googling trying to figure out the process and am stumped!

TIA!

It always a pain at first, just like first time we went to school, always so much of hassle but time goes by, we are good to go.
Creating own POIs is the same thing, headache first then things get much easier.

Thanks. So if I figure it out, then do the things I add become part of the Tomtom database for all to see? Does that explain why smaller towns than this one are coming up for me but this one isn't? Someone just took the time to add them? I told it to take me to the nearest police station - which is less than a mile away - but it wanted me to go 18 miles to a tiny little 300-person burg!

If you post the name of the park and city...somebody might be able to help you find it if it is already in the database and your searches just are not finding it.

city searches

I was hoping that the map that is loaded on my TT XL-s included the standard national phone book listings like my Garmin does so I can look up any business and navigate from the address in the phone book - but that doesn't appear to be possible

Does any one know haw to get, load, or find all information like my garmin has - it really is nice to just be able to type in something, find it, and navigate directly to it on the fly.

Ask a Question