POI question

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
I have successfully added POIs to my GO730, but I get both the POI with the red square and the one with the correct bmp:confused: How do I remove the ones with the red square?

I have successfully added POIs to my GO730, but I get both the POI with the red square and the one with the correct bmp:confused: How do I remove the ones with the red square?

The ones with the red square are probably from the default poi.dat file that came with the map. I don't believe you can remove them.

The ones with the red square are probably from the default poi.dat file that came with the map. I don't believe you can remove them.

You can actually remove POI's under Map Share, but doing so is not one of the changes they claim will take immediate effect on your map.

Also, the default icon for custom POIs is the red square. On my 920 I can include two icons for each POI category that I add. One is the "standard" size used by all TomToms (22 x 22), and the other is larger (44 x 44). I didn't include the larger one at first, but that caused the icon to show as a red square in some places (I think it was on the list of POI categories) on the 920. It's possible that even if the OP included an icon, it still needs the other one.

The second icon should be named the same name as the category followed by an "_X" (underscore, upper-case X).

Anyway, I think it's likely that the red square is coming from the custom POIs, not the built-in ones.

No these are POIs I added that I downloaded from this site...There are 2 versions...the ones with red squares and the ones with the appropriate icons...still don't get it?:confused:

You may want to try this utility that flags duplicate poi's among other things. Here's a link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/poi-dup-finder/

Thanks so much for your help. I am on a mac (so that software does not work) and am quite savy....I can look at all of the files and know there are no dups. I also have checked for exact names (bmp & ov2)...all is good...quite interesting:confused:

Ask a Question