POI question with Map V.710

TomTom Model(s)
TT One LE
I downloaded the Map update V.710 last night, prior to downloading the new map I download many POIs (Starbucks, Wawa, Holiday inn) and icons, and Alerts (Wawa, Gas Station, Rest Area, etc.), and was pumped to add them and to use the Alerts to notify me when I was close to them. I also downloaded the "Donut" alert for fun of course to use with DD POIs.

But once I downloaded the V.710 map, ironically, it already had all of these POIs installed, which means I can't select them individually to assign custom alerts to them. Since they are all in one POI file (I am assuming they are according to looking at the files) I can only select the category, which I don't want to do.

Using Wawa as an example, I want to use the created Wawa alert when I get close to one, but since Wawa is under the "shop" category I can only use the installed alerts, I haven't found a way to locate alerts other than the installed ones, and I don't want the alert to go off everytime I pass a "shop".

I am thinking my only options are to actually install the Wawa POIs with the alert anyways, even though they are already there (not knowing if there will be conflicts) or live with not being able to have fun and assign alerts to sub-catagoried items?

Using the Donut alert is easy because the DD POI is listed as a separate category so I can name the alert the same name to select it, but have no idea how to use an external alert for a POI embedded in an actuall category.

Anyone have any ideas? I hope I didn't make this to confusing.

Gus

If you want alerts for these POIs, then I suggest you use the custom POI and add a verbal warning to each custom POI. Your 720 has TTS to just go to manage POI and select warn when near POI then type in your verbal warning

Pedro2NR,

I can customize a separate POI category, but with map V7.10 certain POIs, such as Wawa and Starbucks are included with the main POI Dat file, so I can't separate them from the main category there in. So basically if I want to assign an alert for Wawa stores, I have to assign it to the entire category "shops" because it is embedded in that category, it is not its own POI category.

Unless I download the Wawa POI, icon, and alert from this site and install them separately, but then there will be two groups of Wawa stores and I am not sure if it will conflict.

Gus

Sorry, I made a mistake. I thought you had a 720.

The only method to do the seperate warnings is to download each POI from this site and the warning. The warnings are tied to the POI category.

Ask a Question