POI Icons

Sorry I am new to the forum and this is probably a really silly question but my friend was showing me his Tom Tom and he has pictures for his POI icons on the map so when he drives by a cheveron the cheveron logo shows, same with McDonalds and pretty much any store...

How the heck can I get my Tom Tom to do that??

Sorry I am new to the forum and this is probably a really silly question but my friend was showing me his Tom Tom and he has pictures for his POI icons on the map so when he drives by a cheveron the cheveron logo shows, same with McDonalds and pretty much any store...

Please read my write-up here:
>>> Custom POI Icons <<<

What version map do you have? When I got my TT One 3rd Ed. a couple months ago, it only had the generic icons. I used the latest map guarantee to update the map and the new map had the new icons with the store logo.

Me too...

I bought TT1 3rd Editions for both myself and my sister for Christmas this year. Mine ended up going in for replacement due to the white screen of death issue, hers was fine in the first place (I ordered them from different places). Anyway, when I first powered my sister's on, I used the latest map guarantee, there was 1 to download. When I got my replacement unit, it did not have a latest map to download. Coincidentally hers has the actual logos on the POI's, and mine does not...

Makes you go "hmmm...."

my friend was showing me his Tom Tom and he has pictures for his POI icons on the map so when he drives by a cheveron the cheveron logo shows, same with McDonalds and pretty much any store...

The branded icons is only based on the North America map v705 or greater.
The map folder will have a brand folder with the icons available there.

If you want this method, then you will need to purchase a North America map from the UK site.

You could also download custom POIs which have the icon already assigned to the POI file. Search the POI forum here for your specific POI.

Ask a Question