Poi icons

Hi all,

I have a GO920T, and I need some info about the icons that are showing on the top left corner of the screen when approching a poi.

Let say I have a shell gas station neer me somewhere, and I have an icon for it showing on the screen, what do you do next, because you canot juste press on it to bring you to it, so what is it good for, you still do not know where it is.

Thanks

Depends whether you set poi's to show on route or everywhere. When setting the warnings, you get a chance to set how close before the warning.

So, if you set to show within 500 meters on route and the icon flashes (and is larger) in the top left corner, you know to look for that poi (like a gas station or a Tim's :)) :D ) coming up.

I believe you see a green line to it if on route and an amber line if off the route.

Hi again,

Where would I be looking to see this line ?

It would have been nice to juste press on the icon, and it would juste bring me to the POI location.

But often, I get an icon of a POI, and I do not know where to find that item,because it is not on my way. God can it be simple.

If there some POI that I whant to be notified when am near by, why is it that when it when this icon comes on, that I can't find it ?

George

Hi again,

Where would I be looking to see this line ?

It would have been nice to juste press on the icon, and it would juste bring me to the POI location.

But often, I get an icon of a POI, and I do not know where to find that item,because it is not on my way. God can it be simple.

If there some POI that I whant to be notified when am near by, why is it that when it when this icon comes on, that I can't find it ?

George
Here I go with a wild guess as to what you are asking, and half of the answer to your question.

It is possible to have your navigation zoom set tight enough such that a POI announcement is going to be heard, and no POI visible on your screen because your announcement range is set to a longer distance than the screen currently displays. Assuming for a moment that you are using the 3D screen, this is doubly true due to the perspective involved. The "up close" (bottom of the screen) view covers a much narrower area than the "far away" (top of the screen) view, so it's even more likely that you'll miss a POI that way.

If you hear an announcement, and either you can't see the POI on the map (out of range at your current zoom level) or you can't sort out from the current map view how to get to it, you'll need to "Navigate to" "Point of Interest" "Point of Interest Near You" etc. Yes, it's a pain to do it that way. The TT won't allow you to simply hit a POI icon on the nav screen and take you there. It wants more explicit instructions to do so.

Ask a Question