POI Icon Definition.....

TomTom Model(s)
GO730T
Just got my 730T and have a question. I am a newbie to TT but I have expierence with other mfgs.

Question: When I do a (Navigate to > POI > Along Route > Restaurant) it will show me matching locations. On the left side of the screen next to each listing there is an icon that is either crooked and yellow or crooked and green or straight and green. What is the meaning of these icons and their color?

bob

A green arrow shows it is directly on the route, a yellow reflects that you have to go off route slightly while a red means it is further off the main route.

Thanks dhn for the quick reply.

Is there some distance criteria (how far off route) that is assigned to each color? For example, yellow crooked => 1mile while maybe the green crooked might be =< 1 mile.

thx again..

I haven't seen any official documentation, but in my experience:

Straight green = on route
Crooked green = under 2 minutes out of the way
Yellow = under 5 minutes out of the way

I think they got rid of the red in a recent app.

Thanks mvl and dhn. Good information. I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of distanes or times were involved. Thanks again.

Ask a Question