Plus Services Traffic MB Usage?

The TomTom website says in the US its 16k per update. Well it actually says 80k for 5 updates.

Anyone have any actual figures?

AT&T is now offering 5mb for $10 a month on its pay per use plan. You can just get that with nothing else and would fit in nicely if I could get away with 5mb. I can get a Motorola L2 which TomTom says they support for $70

I imagine that the 80k figure mentioned is an average, because the actual data usage changes all the time. There is no set figure.

It depends on how many traffic alerts there is, and what type they are. The other pertinent factor is how many times you choose to check for updates.

I have an unmetered tariff, so I have never checked.

I would guess that 5mb is easily enough. Why don't you just try it for a month and see?

I miscalculated the TomTom website anyway. It says checking every 5 minutes for an hour in the US yields an average 80k data usage. You are right though that it would depend on what the actual number of traffic alerts are.

You are right though 5mb should be plenty. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about whether my phone will work with the TomTom.

I should be traffic ready by weeks end.

I've only updated several times and my service provider already prompted me to use a package "based on my usage". It was also offering 5MB but it was for $5 I believe. Much better than 5?/kb esp. if it's ~16kb per update!!

Ask a Question