Plus Services/Phone help

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 720
Not sure if anyone can help. I'm trying to set my phone up with my TT Go 720, the BT Connection works fine, it doesn't show my phone or service provider in the list so I try it manually....it asks for a APN(Access Point Name). So I call my service provider(Bell Mobility - Canada) and the guy on the phone acts as if he has no idea as to what I'm talking about and gives me the run around. Anyone know of another way to find out the APN? or connect my phone?

My phone is a Nokia 6275i, not sure if thats just a Canada model or not.

Thanks

Fitz

Not sure if anyone can help. I'm trying to set my phone up with my TT Go 720, the BT Connection works fine, it doesn't show my phone or service provider in the list so I try it manually....it asks for a APN(Access Point Name). So I call my service provider(Bell Mobility - Canada) and the guy on the phone acts as if he has no idea as to what I'm talking about and gives me the run around. Anyone know of another way to find out the APN? or connect my phone?

My phone is a Nokia 6275i, not sure if thats just a Canada model or not.

Thanks

Fitz
When you say "the BT Connection works fine", I assume, based on where you are in the process, that you were able to pair with your phone, and probably have it working as a hands-free unit. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that you can get data through it, and I'm not familiar with your specific Nokia model. You should have already established that your phone supports the "DUN (Dial Up Networking) Bluetooth profile. You can do this by using any PC or notebook to discover your phone and then ask what "services" it supports. It MUST support DUN for this to work.

Then give the folks at BM Canada (and I use the abbreviation advisedly) another call, and give them this additional bit of information -- they need to think you are going to use your cell phone to act as a modem for your BT enabled notebook computer (even though you're not really doing that). Tell them you want to use your phone as a modem in "Dial Up Networking" mode when you're out in the outback somewhere, and that you need to tell Internet Explorer how to log into their network through your cell phone. The "access point" question may throw them a loop, and likely is irrelevant to making your connection anyway. Quite possibly, any name you choose can be used there on the 720. The most critical items they need to give you will be likely be some sort of login name, a password, and the "dialing string" (whatever would be used in the "phone number" field for Explorer's dial up networking).

Ask a Question