plugging in usb xl330

I have an xl330. I have a huge problem plugging in the USB connector, especially from the traffic device (since there is so little play in the cable). Its just seems like a weird angle to plug the cable into the device. Anyone else having this problem? I am thinking about buying a mini usb extension cable, and leaving it plugged into the device at all times. Of course the problem with that is, the cable is extremeley hard to find, and only comes in 1.5m lengths. I ordered and plan to cut an solder to make about 6 inches. Any one else have any better ideals?

Thanks,
Glenn

gbrown
The only problem I have with both the cigarette lighter and Pc cables is that
the TT connectors require some precision alignment. I ususally connect the
cable to the TT before putting the TT in the mount, I find that it more easily done. I have no problem with the cables themselves. Hope this helps.:)

It does seem like the socket recess is poorly designed. It takes me a couple tries to plug it in most times but like Z28 says, it's easier with the unit in hand than in the mount.

Ask a Question