Parts for a GO 720

I am looking for an USB connector that I can install in my GO 720.
The one that is in there now is defective and the unit wont charge unless the cable is held at a certain angle.
The problem isn't the cable, but the connector.

Thanks

Click Here but please be aware these are very difficult to change, if you are not used to surface mount PCB repairs it will probably be beyond hobby electroics style soldering skills - Mike

Should not be a problem. I have been certified through my work to do surface-mount parts repair as well as build from scratch. I have been in the electronic assembly market for more than 25 years.

Thanks for the info.

Should not be a problem. I have been certified through my work to do surface-mount parts repair as well as build from scratch. I have been in the electronic assembly market for more than 25 years.

Thanks for the info.
Then like me, you've undoubtedly come to realize the incredible injustice that has occurred. As your (and my) eyes are getting older, shouldn't the lead pitch of the components be getting BIGGER instead of SMALLER?:p Prototyping and repair by hand is becoming harder and harder.

What I don't understand is why they would use a special ink that actually shrinks on the parts after just a few short years.

Well,
I installed the new USB jack, but now, the audio jack has become intermittent. Does anyone have the part number for the 3 conductor stereo jack?

OGO

Well,
I installed the new USB jack, but now, the audio jack has become intermittent. Does anyone have the part number for the 3 conductor stereo jack?

OGO
No, but I'd love to find a source for it. It appears to be a 5 lead switched unit, but unlike most such jacks, isn't using "normally closed" switches in both positions -- or I've totally misread what I was tracing out on a board the other day. If you're savvy, take a meter to it with 1/8" plug in the jack and with the plug removed, and tell me what you find on yours! I was quite surprised at the results. One side is clearly N.O. and being closed by the insertion of the plug -- it's not just switching the audio, either -- it's what sets up a logic low that indicates back to the TomTom that a plug has been inserted so as to automatically re-route the audio from external to internal when nothing is connected.

I'm looking to source some of these to adapt the U.S. 740 vehicle mount to get the audio out to the rear of the mount!

Ask a Question