Pairing to cell phone

I have a cingular 8125 running windows mobile 6. I know it is working as a DUN modem since it wasn't until I changed the registry. Before the 720 would only use handsfree calling, now it says it can use wireless data. The problem is that is doesn't get the settings right. I have tried every phone type and provider that makes sense and even tried manually setting it up, but I can't seem to get it right. I am trying to source the answer on some other forums xda-developers, etc., but thought I might check here in case any other 720 owner has the same setup. Thanks!

Manual DUN Configuration/WAP

I have a cingular 8125 running windows mobile 6. I know it is working as a DUN modem since it wasn't until I changed the registry. Before the 720 would only use handsfree calling, now it says it can use wireless data. The problem is that is doesn't get the settings right. I have tried every phone type and provider that makes sense and even tried manually setting it up, but I can't seem to get it right. I am trying to source the answer on some other forums xda-developers, etc., but thought I might check here in case any other 720 owner has the same setup. Thanks!

I did a lot of reading on this, because my wife has a cell phone that Verizon blocks the DUN/Bluetooth data traffic and thus doesn't work with the 720. You might find something valuable in the following post where they talk about manually configuring your requests out to another data provider (like a WAP proxy.)

Take a look...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1052517

Ask a Question