Pairing 910 with Blackberry 8703

TomTom Model(s)
I just purchased a TomTom 910 hoping to utilize the bluetooth with my Blackberry 8703. I can't get the two to pair and was told that I might find the solution on the forum. Any suggestions?

I'm new to the forum and have posted this question on two different areas hoping to get an answer, if this is inappropriate I appologize.

Hello and welcome to the boards. No problem on the double post, I just removed it.
Some phones aren't compatible with all TT units. However, there are some exceptions by doing a few procedures. I posted this on another thread check to see if it works.
Click here

Pedro,
Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said and still recievd the "No phones found. Please make sure Bluethooth is enabled on your phone" message. Does this mean I can't use it with my Blackberry 8703? If so is there another Tomtom device that will work with my Blackberry? I don't want to return the TT device but I really need the Bluetooth connection!
Thanks!

Jerry, I have a BB 7130e and it works, plus Jason had a 8703 and I am pretty sure it worked because he didnt bitch about it hehehe... so my suggestion is to make sure that you have all your settings correct. Or PM Jason and see if he can give you some insights, only other thing I can think of if you had all your settings correct is maybe the TT unit is a defect hehe or vice versa.

John,
I got it to finally work. On the Blackberry, go to Options, Bluetooth, Options, and change the setting on Discoverable to "yes", then run the pairing process from the TT and it works. Please share this with others who have this problem.

Last edited:
it was easy to set up Blackberry 7290 for hands free, but that was all it could do. Anyone have any luck with Plus Services ?

Pairing TT700 w/Blackberry & Samsung D407

I have a 700. I got it last night. I was able to pair with my BB8700c and my SGH-407, but only for Handsfree and Phonebook. I have Internet access on both phones, and I cannot get the TT to recognize this service. I talked with TT, and they indicated that it may be possible, but you have to know how to manually configure the TT to the correct settings required by the phone. I'm not that smart (yet), but I'm hoping someone has some insight.

On your TT910 pairing w/BB8703, I don't know why that would be much different. Have you changed your Bluetooth Options on your 8703 to be Discoverable=Yes? I had to make that change, and retry the connection from TT finding BB in order to get it recognized.

Hello and welcome.

Currently no one has figured out how to access TomTom Plus with blackberrys or other smart phones. I hope you have success trying to figure it out.

Pairing the Blackberry 8703

I just purchased a TomTom 910 hoping to utilize the bluetooth with my Blackberry 8703. I can't get the two to pair and was told that I might find the solution on the forum. Any suggestions?

I'm new to the forum and have posted this question on two different areas hoping to get an answer, if this is inappropriate I appologize.

Jerry,
Let me know if you have any success. I have a 920T that I cannot get to pair with my Blackberry 8703 either. The phone sees the TT, but never completes the pairing process.

I have the same unit and a 8700r blackberry/rogers network(cnd) and it is working fine. I would assume your 8703 would work but not tetsted yet by TOMTOM

JCP, are you saying you have been able to configure the TT for 'Wireless Data Connection' (PLUS services)?

If so, I'd love to know how. I was able to pair for hands free/phonebook no prob, but not for text messages/email or plus services. I have spoken to both Rogers and TomTom... both stating I must contact respective manufacturer.

It's enough to make one dizzy!

BTW... nice avatar. Kinda reminds me of my first wife! ;-P

Ask a Question