Blackberry and 910 Bluetooth pairing

TomTom Model(s)
Hi I'm new to this site and would firstly like to say hello to all. Forums are great.

I have a TomTom 910 and a Blackberry 8703e with Bell telephone service in Toronto, Canada. I have been enjoying the Bluetooth connection for handsfree cell calls for the last year (since I got the 910) Just recently (last couple of weeks) my connection has failed and I am unable to reconnect. I have spoken to the wizards at Tom Tom support (or lack thereof) and they recite the party line that "Bell" is not a supported phone service and that I was fortunate to be getting it for the last year. They were unable to help me and stated that I should have read the which phone companies are supported on there web page. They assume everyone has a computer and reads all the fine print these companies place on their sites.

Has anyone ecxperienced the same situation and found a solution? Or is it time to find another GPS other than Tom Tom?

I would do a pin reset just on the chance that might reinitialize your unit and get it working again. I have a 910 and it seems to need a reset for various reasons every month or so.

You did not say if you installed a new app on the unit. If not, and you have a backup and the above did not help, try restoring from the backup.

Even though they said they do not support Bell, the non-data services are usually a function of the units and not the carrier. If none of the above work (and if you have not already tried this), you could delete the connection from both devices and then try to set it up again as you must have done initially.

I would delete the Bluetooth phone from the TT and delete the TT from the blackberry Bluetooth device list. Do a Pin reset of the TT.
Then enable the Bluetooth in Blackberry, make sure that the phone is discoverable and then start the pairing procedure again from the TT.

I tried the disconnect and reconnect between the two devices with no luck. It would pair but would not recognize the phone after that. I called Bell and the fellow gave me an unnoficial tip that worked. REMOVE BATTERY from phone to reboot. I'm now back in handsfree mode on my Tom Tom even though Tom Tom experts say that Bell is not supported.

Thanks for the advice GAW and ar1979. It got me going in the right direction.

Happy motoring.

Ask a Question