Operating unit on HOME

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Have the latest version of HOME and application (7.45) for my TTR2. Initially I was unable to "operate my Rider2" using ether my v675 or v715 map on the new HOME, but all of a sudden it downloaded a small file that allows the operation using only the 675 map.

However, if I have my 7.15 map in my device, it will not allow this operation to take place. It mearly states that HOME does not support my device.

I contacted support, and they advised me to phone in and talk to a tech.

In speaking with the tech, he had me open my files and check for a few things, specifically an "emulator" file or .dll He would have me delete it and then try to manually "force" a download. At any rate, the emulator does not even show up in my files. He then consulted with the folks more familiar with the Rider2, and promptly advise me that they are aware of the issue. Some Rider2 owners have it work right away, and for some unknown reason others do not. Of course, thats the group I fit into.

I like being able to preplan my itinerarys at home on the "Big Screen", and hopefully TT will have a solution soon. They have an open ticket on my issue.

So, even though the problem (and its really not a big deal) still exists, I have been pretty happy with the phone support I recieve from TT.

Anyone else have this problem?....you are unable to "operate your device" on the new 2.3 HOME?

Cheers

Last edited:
Same Problem 920

Yes, same problem with my brand new 920. I had used the computer operation mode, and then performed the Home Upgrade. Then this function stopped working (shuts down Home software).

Have the latest version of HOME and application (7.45) . . .
Anyone else have this problem?....you are unable to "operate your device" on the new 2.3 HOME?

Mine doesnt shut anything down, it just gives a message "does not yet support this function" or something to that effect.

Funny how it works fine if I use my older map.

They are looking into it.

I do like the new HOME though, a nice improvement over the previous version.

cheers

Ask a Question