One XL with 2GB SD update Map Q's

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one XL
Wow I haven't posted her in a while:eek: Well here is my question I have the 1XL with old maps USA and Canada v710.1575 and I'm thinking of updating to latest and greatest, now I have a 2GB SD card in the unit right now. If I update should i leave the card in and go with it or should i pull the card out update my 1 because I have never taken out the card ever since i put it in a year and a half ago and then update it and transfer all that back on the 2GB card?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks

I believe your model requires EVERYTHING on a sd card (maps, application, etc.) OR on internal.

That being the case, I would keep the card in and make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of the card's contents and store in a folder on the pc.

Then start Home, select the card, update your application to the latest first, and then go and Add/Maps and install the new map you purchase on the card.

Then, make another Explorer backup to a different folder.

That sounds good so as long as there is a back up of whats on the SD card now we should be good to put the updated maps right on the SD card itself.

Thanks

Ask a Question