One XL Chipset

sab

TomTom Model(s)
540M XXL
I've read conflicting stats on this so I thought I'd ask this question here.

Does my XL have the Hammerhead or the SiRF Star III chipset ?

My serial number starts with an L so if the poster in that thread is correct I have a Hammerhead.

Not that it will change anything in my life but I just had to know LOL.

Thanks

There is another way to know: if your ephem folder contains the file lto.dat file, you have the Hammerhead chipset. The lto.dat file is the ephemeris file to help locating the gps satellites' position that you download when asking for a QuickFix. The packedephemeris.ee is for TT with SiRFStarIII chips.

I strongly suspect you have the HammerHead chipset as most if not all ONE models share this chipset.

Now I know that I have a hammerhead chipset on my TT XL

What is the performance difference, i mean accuracy in detecting a location...

The SIRF chip is supposed to be more robust in grabbing a signal and holding it than with the Hammerhead.

There is another way to know: if your ephem folder contains the file lto.dat file, you have the Hammerhead chipset. The lto.dat file is the ephemeris file to help locating the gps satellites' position that you download when asking for a QuickFix. The packedephemeris.ee is for TT with SiRFStarIII chips.

I strongly suspect you have the HammerHead chipset as most if not all ONE models share this chipset.

My ephem folder has nither file :confused:

Ask a Question