One latest version

Hi All Newbie here.....

Wow just found this forum and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided the ONE is the one for me. The local big name electronics stores have them for 299.00 right now. How do I know that I am getting the latest version i.e. V3 or V4 or whatever the latest version is.

Hi All Newbie here.....

Wow just found this forum and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided the ONE is the one for me. The local big name electronics stores have them for 299.00 right now. How do I know that I am getting the latest version i.e. V3 or V4 or whatever the latest version is.

The easiest way to tell if you have the latest version is if you look at the box of the ONE, look for the specs and it should say 1GB internal memory.

Also, on the bos the SiRFIII logo is not present, and an SD card does not come with the unit.

What does the new version have that the old ones do not.

I know the sales associate said that it come with a free upgrade until June????

What does the new version have that the old ones do not.

I know the sales associate said that it come with a free upgrade until June????

The update the SA mentions is the Map upgrade. This map upgrade is only available to devices that have a map version of lower thant 665.xxxx. The ONE that comes with an SD card come with the 660.xxxx map and so they are eligible for the update.

The newer ONE (the device that does not come with an SD card) already has the 665.xxxx map and you won't be able to get the update.

Regarding what your question about what the new version has, like I mentioned above, the unit has a built-in 1GB internal memory, has the new Hammerhead chip set (as oppose to the SiRFIII), and it comes with the USA/Canada maps v665.xxxx.

Ask a Question