Latest version 8.351 for TOMTom 930

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Latest version 8.351

Is this download neccssary?

What features does this version have which previous versions don't have?

How do I check the current version software I have on my TomTom 930 gps unit?

Thanks

Zhong

Tap the satellite bars on the unit. The next screen shows the application version installed. What is your reluctance to installing 8.351?

I have dialup. The file is about 39 megs. .

Takes too long to download.

If there a website where I could just download it elsewhere when I get
high speed internet. Save it to flashdrive and take it back home to install ?

Thanks

Zhong

Last edited:
When you get to somewhere with a higher speed internet connection click 8,351 the Blue link and the download will start, save it to your flash drive then simply use WinRar on the PC to extract all the files to the device, you don't need the Home software to download/ install applications - Mike

Thanks.

What folder in the TomTom 930 Gps do I extract the files to? Root directory ?

It is cab extension file ? So you extract like you do a winrar or winzip file?

How do you extract?

Do you just double click the cab file and it will automatically copy to gps ?

Thanks

Zhong

When you get to somewhere with a higher speed internet connection click 8,351 the Blue link and the download will start, save it to your flash drive then simply use WinRar on the PC to extract all the files to the device, you don't need the Home software to download/ install applications - Mike

Yes, by using winrar (which keeps the file structure intact) you exract the contents of the compressed .cab file to the root of the unit some folders on the unit.

Make sure to select the option to overwrite the existing files.

But before doing so, make sure you've made an Explorer backup of your unit's contents .... just in case.

Does the download links server in Tom Tom support "Resume" feature ?

Thanks.

Zhong

I thought only the map downloads could be paused, the application just comes straight through in one, I posted the following on the forum somewhere else, the version installed looking at the screen shots is different to the 8,351 you need but the same method is used to install it.

To install this to your device I use WinRar which you can download from Here Switch the TomTom on and connect it to your PC, if TomTom Home starts up exit the application as Home isn't needed for this.

Double click the downloaded Navcore application file and winrar will fire up, use the mouse to select all files and folders then click "Extract To"

Please note the screen images I have used for this post are from an earlier version of TomTom Navcore, but the process is the same if installing any Navcore to the device.

Locate the drive letter associated with your TomTom and click it, make sure the Overwrite mode is selected to "Ask before overwrite", then press "OK"

When the dialogue box pops up saying "Confirm File Replace" click the "Yes To All" button.

Sit back and watch the progress bar, with a good USB2 connection a Navcore 8,351 installation will take around 2 minutes.

When its finished the update use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the Task Tray and remove the lead from the device.

Let the device boot up and tap the sat strength meter (lower left) followed by the version box, the resultant screen will confirm the version installed is Navcore 8,351 - Mike

Ask a Question