Old TT user New member

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 730 & Go 700
Hi all,

I have been a TT Go 700 user for years ( I have 2 units) one new and one well used and I also own a Garmin.

Well I just upgraded to a new Go 730 and also found these forums, let me say well done it is a nice site.

I use a differnet computer for each TT but I noticed for the first time the TT new map guarantee, I didn't use it but TT Home did download a 2GB NA map, after reading some in the forums I am hoping that I have the latest map.

I am running map v815.2019 on app 8.300 os: 244890 does this sound like the newest map as of Nov 22?

I am looking forward to seeing if the IQ routes work better than the non- go 700 routing this should be interesting.

Anyways it's good to "meet" all of you.

Brian aka Halftrack

Welcome, Brian.......er, Halftrack :D

Yep, you have the latest map and firmware.

Now, before doing **anything** else......

Make a full backup of your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home.

Ensure hidden files/folders are showing as are extensions for known file types..

Thanks

First thing I did was make a backup after the new map update lol I am a computer tech and also run my own websites so backing up is one thing I normally do :D

I do have a quick question on my old 700 I could update the weather without signing up when connected to my computer but I don't see that feature on the 730 did that get hosed by TT or am I missing something?

oh btw Halftrack is one of my online personas. Everyone who knows me calls me Halftrack lmao I guess I have been gaming too much

If you connect your unit to the computer, start Home and use the emulator (Operate My Go) and move to Plus Services, you can see your weather there.

I do not think you can get the weather on your unit without subscribing to the Plus Services at TomTom.

Ask a Question