Not Turning on TT 4N00.005

Hey everyone I hope someone can help me with this. My girlfriend got a Tom Tom One 4N00.005 a while ago and now its not working she doesn't know why so I told her to give it to me and I'll try to fix it. We are 17 years old so GPS is nice to have for us ahaha.

Our problem is it simply doesn't turn on. I have an SD memory card but theres nothing on it, and we dont have any CD or Software ect..... I've been on the website for hours and can't find anything.

I'm thinking all I need is to put all the Drivers or Software or w/e onto the SD Card and it will turn on? Its fully charged I do believe we plug it in and the green light goes on.....

Any ideas and can someone please upload there softwares or drivers from there SD Card so I can copy it and pray that it works.

We live in Canada, B.C, Vancouver

Thanks for all the help.!!!1!!

You can get the firmware for free for the TT ONe on TomTom's web site. First, if you don't have Home, the TomTom software, go here for it

But, do you have a legitimate map? If not, you'll have to buy it from TomTom using Home.

I have downloaded the TomTom Home thing awhile ago but It can't read it because, the TomTom itself wont turn on. I have a memory card slot in my laptop so thats what I have been using and I still can't find the Firmware I've been on that website lots and I can't find it.

my tomtom one 4n00.005 has been reset. Now it has no maps

My kids got a hold of my tomtom one 4n00.005 unit and pressed the reset button on the bottom of the unit. Now, it has no maps and no data. How can I get all this data back? Do I need a new driver? If so, where can I get this driver?

Thanks,

Darren
Eskasoni NS:confused:

Resetting the unit does NOT cause loss of data, applications ore map. Something else must have taken place.

When you connect the unit to the computer and use Explorer, do you see a map folder and files in it? Do you see other stuff?

4n00.005

explorer? not sure what you mean? When I power up my tomtom, it will just give me a gray screen saying "no maps". Before, i used to get a map and the date and time. Now its just a gray screen.

Windows Explorer when the unit is connected to the computer.

Do you see a specific map folder?

4n00.005

when I hook it up on my computer, it will command me to go to tomtom home. It won't show me anything else. I'm not sure how to go to the map folder, if there's one??

Minimize Home. I'm talking about Windows Explorer, the file manager).

When you connect the unit to the computer, open Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) and highlight the drive depicted by the tomtom unit. It may be e: or f: or something else on your computer. Once you highlight the drive, it'll show in the right pane the contents of your unit. A bunch of folders and some loose files. One of the folders will say something like 'USA_Canada". That would be the map folder I'm referring to.

Okay..........

Have you tried the reset button again to see if the issue is resolved? If not, try it........ If you did try it and you still get the error (No maps....)then, in order, try the following:

1. Download the Clear Flash tool from here. Run it 3 times. Does that help?

2. If not, make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents, not Home. If not sure how, see here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

3. Connect to Home. Manage my Unit, Device, Application. Remove Application. Disregard warning.

4. After application is removed, disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Turn the unit off and on. Connect to Home again. You will be offered an application. Accept and install. Now, are things better?

how can i turn on my tomtom one 4n00.005
my tomtom wont turn on it works before

There is no model called 4n00.005

When you say it won't turn on, whatever the model, are you saying that it doesn't turn on whatsoever or that it hangs during the booting process?

When did it last work? Is your battery charged in the unit?

There is no model called 4n00.005

The 4n00.005 is the ONE LE. This is a variant of the ONE Second Ediition.

See the instructions here for how to do a soft reset, and choose ONE Second Edition from the list.

Ask a Question