Nob and in need of help

I found a TomTom One XL at my job back in June. It was in the lost in found but after 3 months and no one reclaims it, the person that finds it becomes the new owner. So now I'd like to do basic navigation but the thing won't even go to the main menu. I've searched these forums and checked the web for help but can't find anything. I downloaded the basic TomTom support software but again that's no help. I can't even get the thing to display in English. I tried hooking it up to the computer and it syncs but that's about it. It reads as a drive on "My Computer" so I formated it and synced it up, downloaded the basic software but still in foreign language and no way to get to a menu screen. Is this completely dead?

See here to fix the language.

Hopefully you backed it up before formatting because you need the maps that were on it (maps aren't free).

If you don't have maps, you can buy new ones via HOME, or call Tomtom phone support and see if you get a rep that's compassionate enough to give you an older map for free.

Ask a Question